Pages

Friday 31 August 2012

When all is said and done...



Everybody needs a little spiritual pick me up every now and then. I had to smile when I read my daily spiritual pick me up today. It was spot on what I posted earlier today and a bit of grace confirming that I am doing what God intended me to do:

"So many people live life worried about what everyone else thinks and wondering how they can impress other people. But we have to realize that when we come to the end of life, we’re not going to stand before people to give an account of our lives, we are going to stand before Almighty God. He is not going to say, “Why didn’t you do what so-and-so said to do? Why didn’t you fit into their mold? Why didn’t you take their opinion?” No, He is going to ask, “Did you become who I created you to be? Did you stay true to what I put in your heart?”




This is where Saul missed it. Saul had a big destiny. God had great things in his future, but Saul was so insecure that he let people squeeze him into their mold. He was afraid he was going to disappoint somebody. He said in First Samuel 15:24, “I disobeyed the Lord’s instructions because I was afraid of the people, so I did what they asked.” Notice Saul knew what to do. He even admitted it, “I disobeyed God’s instructions.” Why? He was a people pleaser. He forfeited his destiny in order to please people. Friend, don’t let that be you! Don’t be a people pleaser, be a God pleaser because pleasing God is all that matters when all is said and done!

Father God, today I set my heart and mind on pleasing You. Help me to break away from the snare of people pleasing. Help me to stand strong against criticism and learn to walk in love always. Let the words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart be pleasing to You always in Jesus’ name. Amen"

Its so important that we use ALL our resources that God blesses us with to become the person that God intended us to be. That does not only refer to money but also our time, our talents and opportunities

To check yourself on this a good idea is to keep a journal that you quickly evaluate how you used your resources today? Where did you invest it wisely in order to become what God intended you to be? And where did you totally waste it? Its not meant to dishearten you, but it sure helps to make very specific choices when you do your daily planning.

I remember one single thing from Prince William and Kate's wedding last year and that was when the priest said: "Be what God intended you to be, and you will set the world on fire!"

PS. You need a spiritual pick me up? Register at www.joelosteen.com and get a message in you e-mail inbox every day. It will make a difference in your life :) Trust me!

No comments:

Post a Comment