Pages

Thursday 30 August 2012

Does God want you to be Rich?


I'm sure I'm not the only one who has wondered about this question. Who has wondered about the fairness of Christians suffering poverty while the non-believers have a royal time gathering riches. In fact most people grow up with the idea that poverty is a virtue. But does God want us just to get by, or even live in poverty?
The best place to seek the answer to this question is our manual in all matters: The Bible.

I was astounded, literally dumbfounded to realize that nowhere in the Bible is there any reference that God wants us to live a life of poverty or even a financially mediocre life. No, God want us to be rich, and He says this not once but many times!

Proverbs 28:25 ...He who trusts the Lord will prosper!

Joshua 1:7 Do not turn from it to the right hand or the left, that you may prosper wherever you go.

Deut 5:33 Walk in all the way that the Lord your God has commanded you, so that you may live and prosper

Deut 29:9 Therefore keep the words of this covenant, and do them, that you may prosper in all you do

Proverbs 11:25 A generous man will prosper!

Does that leave any doubt as to what God's plan for us is. How he wants us to live? This is more than exciting!!

I thank you father that You want me to live in prosperity and abundance, so that Your name may be glorified through it and I will have the resources to build your kingdom. Thank You Lord, that I can rest knowing that You are my loving Father who only wants the best for me and is teaching me how to manage the resources you have places under my stewardship. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment