Pages

Tuesday 4 September 2012

Is Prosperity always from God?


"What will it profit a man if he gains the whole world, but loses his soul? (Mark 8:36)
We often think that prosperity can only be from God. Financial prosperity, opportunities,chances, promotion - all these things bring bring good things into our life and helps us to do good things, right? And if its good it has to be from God right?
Prosperity is about moving forward. Moving towards a destination, and because of that prosperity must be seen in context. Prosperity is ONLY good if it is moving you towards God's goal for you.




If whatever deal, promotion, opportunity or "prosperity" presents itself and it moves you away from God's goal for your life, then it is not from God.
On my journey I constantly have to check myself, because it is so easy to look left and right from the path God has set me on. And if you do not focus the WHOLE time on the goal ahead of you so-called opportunities are going to pull me off the path. The devil will bless your socks off if that blessing means that you will stray from your purpose!
Dear Heavenly Father, help me today to focus solely on Your goal for me. I thank you for all blessings that propel me towards Your goal for me and ask Your help in recognizing the so-called blessings which don't. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment